× Members

Pleased but baffled!

More
2 months 1 week ago #293527 by dan123
Pleased but baffled! was created by dan123
Hi all,

Firstly I would just like to give a huge thankyou to all the mods and contributors to this site. It has been a wealth of information and support over the last few months.

So, in my original pip award I got 6 points for DL and 10 points for MOB. I was happy with the MOB award but felt I deserved more for DL so put in an MR which came back with no change. I then put in an appeal to tribunal specifically addressing 4 questions in DL that I believe I should have been awarded more points in. 6 weeks went by and then last Friday I got a phone call from a Lady at DWP who said she wanted to speak to me about my award.

She started by saying that she couldn't award me any extra points for the 4 questions that I had specifically challenged as she agreed with the health professional. But she then addressed the question of needing help getting dressed. I had been awarded zero points for this and hadn't challenged that in either the MR or appeal.

She said 'I want you to think carefully about your answer. Are you sure you don't need any help getting dressed?'
Me 'Come to think of it yes I do'

She then said she can award me 2 points for that to bump me up to a standard award for DL.

I only did this because she was clearly telling me to do it and I still believe I should have been awarded other points.

I got my backpay yesterday and am over the moon but has anyone else ever had this? Why would she not award me points on the questions I challenged but then award me points for a question I hadn't challenged? It's really bizarre. Maybe I just got the joker of the office! :woohoo:

Thanks to everyone again.

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293538 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pleased but baffled!
Hi dan123

I think you got lucky with someone who awarded you the points where she honestly thought she could even though you haven't raised it. I have known that to happen to others, where they got points for things they had not specifically raised. I know you didn't get points where you thought you should, but at least you have the award now. Congratulations.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 5 days ago #293603 by dan123
Replied by dan123 on topic Pleased but baffled!
Thanks for your reply,

Just one more question. If I decide to appeal the new award do I do it through my existing online tribunal appeal account which was set up when I did my first appeal? Or do I have to do everything from scratch and set up a new online tribunal account?

Either way, I can still actually log in to my original appeal account even though HMCTS have contacted me to say the appeal has been lapsed. Do you know what happens to this account? Does it just stay in the Ether forever or will it eventually become inaccessible. Sorry if this sounds a silly question but i'm a bit OCD about these things.

Many thanks,

Dan

More
2 months 5 days ago #293605 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pleased but baffled!
Hi dan123

I'm sorry, but I've no idea how they handle their accounts and what they do with them. I assume they keep the information for a certain amount of time and then destroy it, but I don't know. It's not a stupid question at all, but this is something you would have to raise with HMCTS.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid