× Members

ESA50

More
2 months 1 week ago #293504 by Navigator
ESA50 was created by Navigator
HI all,

Back in December 2023 I sumitted my ESA50 form for renewal, and being sent it to complete just before Christmas was a real kick in the teeth, but try as I may no extention was granted.
So having filled it in, in a far more professional way using the guides I knew that I should be in the Support Group, due to additional conditions and my mental health. But despite this the DWP fell silent. Winter came and went, Spring came and went, so in April I contacted the DWP who said they had my form and would be in touch. Today 18 July I got a letter stating that my ESA was being increased but I was still in the Work Activity Group?

I can only put this down to recently being awarded PIP at the enhanced rate for both Daily Living, & Mobility, and the severe disability premium. But whe I called to check why I was not in the Support Group, my ESA50 had still not been processed, and had a No further Action placed on it? I don't know what they are doing at DWP, but was I awarded PIP at Tribunal? I stated NO I was awarded it stright from the Face to Face assessment.

I don't know what to do? Should I leave things as they are, or should I continue to press for the Support Group? Because when Universal Credit comes along will being in the wrong group cause me any problems?

Regards
Navigator.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293515 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA50
Hi Navigator

Thank you for your post, something does not sound right, although reviews are taking longer than new claims.

You have not stated which ESA you are claiming, there are 3 different types.

I cannot see how your ESA can increase unless you have been placed in the support group.

The problem you face is that you cannot yet ask for a copy of the assessors report (ESA85) as a decision has not yet been made, or has it? 🤔

You need to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration when giving you advice.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid