× Members

should i add extra sheets this time, i say yes, org say no

More
2 months 1 week ago #293481 by mumsgirl
6 years ago i applied for pip using the guides and loads of help from the amazing people on here. I sent loads of extra sheets to answer the questions as well as medical evidence. I got 4 years standard care. It came up for renewal 2 years ago and I almost did the same except I panicked at the last minute as I felt previously I should have got points for one of the questions (can't remember which one) so i paid a well known professional organisation (not sure if im allowed to name it) to see if they could help me answer. But what they did was re- fill in the whole form over the phone but made the answers much shorter so they fitted in the boxes so didnt actually use the answers I wrote but a shorter version or worded it different, so there was no extra sheets, just evidence with the form. When I told them I was surprised it was so short they said it's best to make it as concise as possible as longer answers will confuse pip and they will miss things or focus on the 'lesser' part of an answer and theres buzz words. I got 2 years standard care (with the same points for the same things I got 4 years previously) even though I felt my conditions required more help and i felt I should have got longer or enhanced. Now that I am about to renew again (this time its been transferred to adp) I have started to panic again. I've always though that it's best to add as much as possible, explaining how you're affected. Is it at all possible that I filled in the original form myself better than they did the 2nd one and I should provide as much extra sheets as possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293486 by Gary
Hi mumsgirl

The decision has to be yours, all I would say is that you need to accurately describe how your condition affects you.

As it will be a review, we always advise claimants to treat it as a new claim, as the assessor will not know you from when you were last assessed . So you need to repaint the picture of your condition and how it affects you in words.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mumsgirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid