× Members

Telephone assessment.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293419 by Geranium
Telephone assessment. was created by Geranium
Hi guys.
I've got a brain injury myself which limits my abilities in many ways.
(partial sight, very poor short term memory and my balance/ mobility) so I've been claiming E.S.A. for several years.
I've recieved a letter from the Health assessment advisory service telling me I've got a telephone assessment Tuesday 30th.
Can anyone give me a pointer as to where I'll find what questions I'll be asked?
I'm sure the information I'm after is already in this forum somewhere, but my brain injury limits my ability to sift through information to find the thing I'm after.... thanks in advance.. G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #293426 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Telephone assessment.
Hi Geranium

If you follow the link - you want the first guide on the page: ESA and UC Claims for Physical, Mental Health and Learning Difficulties: A Guide to the Limited Capability for Work Assessment. benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/esa

Pages 115 - 121 - you can find out how to prepare for your telephone assessment and some of the questions you may be asked. Do try and read through it all.

Pages 13- 132 - More questions you may be asked at your assessment. If you haven't asked already, I should make sure that you ask for your assessment to be recorded. They may say they can't do it and will have to change your assessment date.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by BIS.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293427 by boris1
Replied by boris1 on topic Telephone assessment.
Hi
I had a telephone reassessment for esa last year with IAS.
The woman said she was a nurse.
She asked me all of the questions I had already answered on the form and she went into quite a lot of detail about how my condition/health issues affect me.
She asked me if I had been medically diagnosed and I said 'yes you have referred to the medical evidence I sent in'.
The call lasted nearly 2 hours and she gave me plenty of time to provide answers.
At the end she asked if there was anything I wanted to ask her.
She ended the call by saying 'I have enough evidence to support your claim'.
Following the assessment I was kept in the support group and the award letter recommended it be for 'the longer term'.
I hope yours goes well.
Its so stressful for all of us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
2 months 1 week ago #293431 by Geranium
Replied by Geranium on topic Telephone assessment.
Many thanks BIS.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293432 by Geranium
Thanks Boris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boris1

More
2 months 1 week ago #293563 by Geranium
This assessment isn't until Tues 30th July, so I've got to suffer a period of trying to figure out what I'm going to say, and in my head rehearsing it over and over. which is silly really only I have the medical evidence and I've even won a tribunal on the grounds that if I were to put back into a working environment, then I would be a danger to myself and others.
It's the trauma of not knowing if my E.S.A. is going to change to U.C. and I have to put things back in order, only a change of benefit is very quickly sent to the Housing Benefit office, and they stop helping me out until I've had to go through the manditory reconsideration process (which always results in a "NO") and then there's booking the tribunal, and having to send in my medical evidence "yet again".
I'm starting to believe that this is just a D.W.P. action to see if I'll just give up... sorry to drone on guys, but this is freaking me out.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid