× Members

Change in conditions PIP

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293379 by Rozm2004
Change in conditions PIP was created by Rozm2004
Hi
I was awarded pip in August 2019 at the enajanced rate for both until may 2025 but it was extended for another year,
During this time I have been diagnosed with a few other conditions and have treatment and medication for,
My concern is do I need to let them know ? Or should I just wait for a review form
I feel like I should wait and let them know but on the other hand not sure what would be the best way as it is stressful enough and by telling them will I need to re apply or would they just do the review form early
Thank you
Roz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293394 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Change in conditions PIP
Hi Rozm2004

The DWP always says that if there has been a change in your condition, you should inform them. In reality, they want to know when claimants have improved because then they wouldn't have to pay them. You are already on an enhanced award - so you have nothing to gain by telling them about any additional conditions. Also, you have to think whether those conditions would actually make a difference - because it's not the conditions themselves the DWP focuses on, but how any symptoms impact the specific PIP criteria.

So you can choose to tell them not, and they could just file that information away, or it may well trigger an earlier review - which I suspect you will want to avoid. Lots of people don't inform them until the next review, however, at the end of the day - the choice is yours.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid