× Members

I won Court Tribunal for ESA Support group. DWP still say no

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293375 by Pearly spencer
After being turned down for ESA Support group I finally got my court appearance. The judge listened, and asked question then asked me to leave the room.

When I was ca.led back in the judge said he was glad to tell me I had won my appeal and that I was entitled to ESA Support going back to June 2023. I've been in and out of work due to a signal injury for 9 years. A week later I received the courts report ruling with a cover letter telling me to send the enclosed report and cover page which contains my court reference number etc to an address in Harlow. Which I have done. That was 8 weeks ago, but I've heard nothing, other than to speak to the DWP on the phone, after being in a queue for nearly 3 hours and to be told I'm not entitled to ESA and they do t know anything about my tribunal. I then had another letter a week later which said I don't have enough National insurance contributions for ESA Support. So does the Courts decision mean nothing?

I'm getting Universal Credit for the last 3 months after being turned down for Esa for the 3rd time and had only been assessed over the phone.

I''m so confused, in pain 24/7, on Fentanyl, going around in circles. Am I entitled to ESA Support or not, I assumed the Courts decision overuled the DWP's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293406 by Gary
Hi Pearly spencer

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

The first question I would ask, when the Judge informed you that you had been successful in your appeal, did he give you a decision letter.

I would chase HMCTS to see if a copy of the decision letter has been sent to the DWP, if you have been placed in the support group then the award is indefinite until you are next assessed. If you are still having problems then try and see if your MP can help you.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 1 week ago #293409 by Pearly spencer
Hi Gary, yes, I had a decision letter a week later which said the judge has ruled that I was entitled to be in the ESA Support group since June 2023

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid