× Members

Complaint about Capita

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293360 by MxMartinez
Complaint about Capita was created by MxMartinez
Hi,

After my telephone assessment in May 2024, I lodged a complaint with Capita about the behaviour of the DA who undertook the assessment. The assessment took three and a half hours, during which the DA was hostile, asked inappropriate questions, and prevented my companion from supporting me by telling them that they were 'aggressive' and making her feel threatened for volunteering that they had been supporting me via text to answer her questions.

The response I've had from Capita is deeply contradictory. It says that when they interviewed the DA, she said she didn't remember my assessment, but goes on to say that she would not have done the things that I said she did. The assessment recording that I requested terminated after less than 1 hour of the 3.5 hour assessment, and the case handler determined on the basis of the DA being okay during that portion of the assessment, there was nothing wrong.

I'm asking them to look at it again because they've not offered any measurable outcomes to my complaint and no redress for the experience I had. However, it seems that you can only ask them to look at it once more and then it's case closed. I wondered if anyone has experience of taking their complaint elsewhere for them to be externally investigated?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293368 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Complaint about Capita
Hi MxMartinez

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

I have not had much experience myself, you could try ICE but we get mixed messages from members who go down that route or even try your MP.

Did you record the assessment?

You may get useful feed back from fellow members who have also made complaints.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid