× Members

DLA Change of Circumstances Query Backpay for PIP

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293294 by Pipkin9
I was previously on DLA (H/R mobility and L/R care) but following a serious downturn in my health needs over a year ago I requested a claim form for PIP in January to account for the extra care I need.

I heard this week that I’ve been awarded enhanced care and mobility but told that it will not be backdated to the claim date of January.

Can anyone tell me if this advice is correct following a change in circumstances request as opposed to DWP telling me my DLA was ending and a PIP claim was needed.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293305 by Gary
Hi Pipkin9

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Your post is a bit confusing as in the title it states Change of Circumstances but in your post you requested a claims form, unfortunately there is a big difference between them.

If you contacted DWP and reported a change of circumstances then your claim should be backdated to the date of the phone call.

If you contacted DWP and requested a claims form then your claim will only go back to the date of the decision.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid