× Members

PIP

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293175 by Zinny
PIP was created by Zinny
Have read the PIP Guide but want to ask the following 7. questions as am unclear. 1 As the carer of a family member - when I first phone to apply for PIP can I ask for us to complete PIP1 on line? 2.Can I at same time say want to complete PIP2 also on line? Or is PIP2 always by telephone? 3.If PIP2 has to be by telephone can I answer the call with my family member next to me who will speak on the phone some of the time? 4. After PIP2 will there be another assessment? And how is that assessment done? 5.How many months is it likely to be from first applying and getting a decision?
6. The form in the PIP Guide to take to GP - Are we meant to take all sections to GP (even if many do not apply) and when they have signed what do we do with it? Does DWP send similar form to GP?
7. Lastly - Can we do both PIP1 and PIP2 as paper forms (might be easier even if takes longer to get result) Trying to get my head round this - thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293232 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP
Hi Zinny

I will try and answer your questions:

1) As the carer of a family member - when I first phone to apply for PIP can I ask for us to complete PIP1 on line?
PIP1 form is usually completed by DWP, for claimants who cannot use a phone, a form can be sent out.

2) Can I at same time say want to complete PIP2 also on line? Or is PIP2 always by telephone?
PIP2 is the actual claims form, this can be in paper form or online, you can ask for an online claims form but this is not covered in all areas.

3) If PIP2 has to be by telephone can I answer the call with my family member next to me who will speak on the phone some of the time?
I have assumed here we are talking about the assessment? Yes you can have a family member sitting next to you, they may want to record the assessment on the quiet, they may not be able to speak on your behalf, it will be up to the assessor on the day.

4. After PIP2 will there be another assessment? And how is that assessment done?
No, you usually only have one assessment, although we have heard on the forum where some claimants have had two when things go wrong.

5) How many months is it likely to be from first applying and getting a decision?
How long is a peice of string, it varies across regions, some decisions are quite quick, others take many months. It does depend on the quality of your supporting documents.

6. The form in the PIP Guide to take to GP - Are we meant to take all sections to GP (even if many do not apply) and when they have signed what do we do with it? Does DWP send similar form to GP?
It depends on how well you know your GP and what you are trying to prove. Sometimes DWP will cotact your GP but not always.

7. Lastly - Can we do both PIP1 and PIP2 as paper forms (might be easier even if takes longer to get result)
Yes you can.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zinny

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293361 by Zinny
Replied by Zinny on topic PIP
My Question No.6 - Re taking your form to GP: - our GP is friendly - Do we ask GP to sign relevant part of form and then attach that to the PIP1 form? or attach it to the PIP2 form?

Thank you again for helping. I have been a member for many years and rely on all the help and information you provide.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293364 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP
Hi Zinny

PIP 1 form is the basic form to see if you may be eligible to apply for PIP, it is the same as if you made the initial phone call.

PIP2 form is the application form, in answer to your question, add it to your PIP 2 form, don't forget to number the pages and add your name and NI number.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid