× Members

New PIP decision letter received

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293223 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic New PIP decision letter received
Hi Anji,
Well done on your PIP success.
The regulations do actually say that once DWP have determined 12 points, they don't need to consider any more descriptors. This may have been what happened. Hopefully you still have a copy of the claim/review form. Keep this safe with the decision letter. When the next review comes up, make sure that you mention that you stated that eg you couldn't do X and needed supervision and this has remained the same at the time of the review you are then dealing with. But no need to worry about that just for now.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, anees292, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293240 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic New PIP decision letter received
Thanks Wendy, that does make sense, and I am so pleased that they agreed with the 10 points for mobility as he misses out on such a lot due to anxiety/lack of motivation to use the train.
There were some strange things too, like 2 points for budgeting which is actually one of his better skills, but only 2 for preparing and cooking a meal which he is completely incapable of even with help!!
But, hey, I am hailing this as a victory!! I am just so pleased we have got this without the trauma of a tribunal 😁
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293241 by Anji
Thanks BIS

The diary is a really good idea, thanks.

One of the good things is that my son prefers to communicate via text message, so (although no one looked at it until the appeal) we screenshotted lots of examples of text conversations where I have offered support, help, prompting etc through the last few years. I think this was especially helpful with the mobility as the assessor could see that I had messaged at every stage of the journey, and that he had forgotten point B by the time he had completed point A so needed constant reminders!!

Anji

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293242 by Anji
Thanks LL26, that makes sense...she didn't go through the points from first to last so it could well be that she thought once he had got to 13 that there was no point.

That is actually quite reassuring...my main concern was that if they stated at the review that one area had improved he would dip down to standard. But as the award is for 5 years, I am not so concerned...if PIP still exists in 5 years we shall see what happens!

Anji

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293245 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic New PIP decision letter received
Great news Anji! I feel your relief. I’m just so glad to finally be at the tribunal stage. I knew they’d get me this time seeing as I was successful at the tribunal last time. I’ll whoop their asses, again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293275 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic New PIP decision letter received
Congratulations Anji, sorry haven't been online for some weeks - felt that I needed a break, as I'm sure a lot of us do once the 'current' fight is over.

I know how you feel about the scoring, from previous replies it's a common enigma! But you've got your son the points he needs, well done.

Sheila x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid