× Members

Any likelihood of PIP review being triggered by change of name and address

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293118 by Nickrob
Hi everyone,
I’m a new
My partner aged 44 has been on DLA and now PIP since she was a teenager.

A social worker who had abused her made out her initial claim form and according to her father ( with whom she has lived since she started claiming) has told her that if she changed her name by deed poll this will trigger a PiiP review and the would happen. If she left home to live with me in a different London borough.

My questions are -

1. what level of risk is a change of first and surname by deed poll likely to trigger a review?

2. What level of risk is a change of address to another likely to trigger?

3. What level of risk is a change of GP likely to trigger a PiP review?

3. How can she get access to her DWP files to the original assessment of her for PIP

My girlfriend lives with her parents in a small gated community in north LLondon. She has been a passionate vegan since childhood. .

My informed but far from professional observation is that she has some difficulty in walking and form the same reason as she has been on PIP she could not take on any kind of paid work that Iinvolbed daily travel at ruch hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293142 by Gary
Hi Nickrob

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

In answer to your questions;

1) None, your partner will have to let DWP know change of name and address, seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation before she goes down that route

2) None, will need to let DWP know when she changes address.

3) None

4) She will need to request a subject access request; www.gov.uk/guidance/request-your-persona...or-work-and-pensions

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid