× Members

PiP and CA

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293105 by SherryCatMum
PiP and CA was created by SherryCatMum
Hi All,
I am on carers allowance and have applied for PIP as I have complex physical and mental health issues that are established and longstanding.
My telephone assessment is in a few weeks so its all going ahead.
Is it ok to claim for pip for myself when on carers allowance? I care full time for my autistic teen who has mobility and mental health issues all complex on pip, and i have full support of my GP and therapist and evidence from other medical practitioners.
I'm suffer with anxiety and panic disorder and so was anxious about this being close to home so to speak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293113 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PiP and CA
Hi SherryCatMum

I have helped claimants apply for PIP whilst claiming Carers Allowance, each case is on it's own merits.

It depends as to what care you give to your autistic teen vs how your complex physical and mental health issues affect you and what help you need and why?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SherryCatMum

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293119 by SherryCatMum
Replied by SherryCatMum on topic PiP and CA
Hi Gary,
I have osteoarthritis, and chronic long standing back problems, hans tendonitis, social phobias and social anxiety, panic disorder and ptsd, all of these affect my daily living, from not going to any new places on my own, to having difficulty with freshly prepared food, I have cbt weekly, ongoing physio support for my back and osteoarthritis.
I care for my teen full time with their mobility and mental health issues, and just wanted to clarify that as individuals inbthe same household that it wouldn't prove a worry or some such thing.
The CAB encouraged me to make the claim last year for myself but I held off as I didn't want to.
Am I worrying over nothing?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293137 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PiP and CA
Hi SherryCatMum

I think with all the negative publicity in the press you may be over thinking things.

I would take guidance from your local Citizen Advice, if they have encouraged you to claim, then take their advice.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid