× Members

PIP Appeal or re apply

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293100 by PG
PIP Appeal or re apply was created by PG
I am 18 months into my Pip application currently waiting for a tribunal appeal date.
During this period my conditions have worsened and I have a lot stronger case for both elements of Pip but my appeal is only focused on the mobility section.
I am now wondering if a whole new application might be a more effective route to go down or could I re-apply while I am waiting for my tribunal date.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293111 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Appeal or re apply
Hi PG

At the end of the day it is your decision, for me it is not a route I would go down.

I like to keep things simple.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293129 by Gladioli
Replied by Gladioli on topic PIP Appeal or re apply
You could make a new PIP application and continue with the appeal. I have helped someone to do this recently. In his case when he started his original PIP claim over a year ago his mobility was quite good but over the last six months this has deteriorated significantly and if assessed now should be awarded 8 or possibly 10 points for Moving Around. I would suggest that you look at the PIP descriptors and check that you are likely to be awarded more points.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PG

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid