× Members

Pip appeal result

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293059 by Julie
Pip appeal result was created by Julie
A massive thank you to the people who run this advice page. I just wanted to update you all on my Pip appeal which happened today via video link. I appealed the DWP decision regarding my son who is autistic. He was initially awarded the higher rate care component and standard rate mobility. Well thank you for the guidance from this group because today it was agreed by the panel that he's entitled to the higher rate for mobility. The hearing was over very quickly. They had already decided the outcome but just needed to hear from myself about how his autism affects his daily life regarding getting around and travelling when he's alone. Although I'd stated his vulnerability on the initial application DWP chose to completely ignore my statement regarding his vulnerability and his ability to communicate. I'm over the moon for him and I am so happy that I found the advice from this group. This gave me the confidence to go ahead with the appeal. Once again I can't thank you all enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo, Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #293086 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip appeal result
Thank you Julie from myself and all the other mods.

Great result for you both!

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Chris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: normankeen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid