× Members

UC50 Assessment

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293039 by Vixen
UC50 Assessment was created by Vixen
My daughter had a telephone assessment 2 weeks ago for WCA.

Is it possible to get the assessment report and if so, how and who do we ask for it? Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clairekj1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293083 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic UC50 Assessment
Hi Vixen,

I got mine via sending a journal message to UC.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293115 by Vixen
Replied by Vixen on topic UC50 Assessment
Thank you Chris.

She does not have a decision yet. Not sure how long it will take. Are you saying the assessors report can be supplied via a request on her UC journal. When she spoke to her work coach she was told that they dont have anything to do with the assessments.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293138 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC50 Assessment
Hi Vixen

You can only usually get a copy of the assessors report UC85, once a decision has been made, you can put a request on your journal.

I would also contact UC helpline and make a request.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293148 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic UC50 Assessment
Hi both,

Yeah, Gary's correct. I did get mine via a UC journal request, however the decision had been made, and I only knew this because of how good my work coach was when I had her. She called me to let me know the decision had been made.

Chris.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293161 by Vixen
Replied by Vixen on topic UC50 Assessment
Okay, thank you for that. We have no idea how the system works. My daughter is in her 50’s and this is the first time she has needed to claim benefits because of ill health.

Dont know if there is a clue in that when she had her telephone assessment the doctor only spoke to her for about 15 minutes. He said he had all the info he needed so did not need to go through all the questions on the UC50 form.

A couple of days later her work coach rang. She had been checking in every 10 days. She said she had been informed that her assessment had been carried out and now she did not need to check in again for 3 months. Is this normal? Can anything be assumed by this?

Vixen

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid