× Members

PIP Review

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293035 by carol13jones
PIP Review was created by carol13jones
Well, once again this marvellous website has done me proud!
I had been due a review July 2023. I then got a letter, 6 months before my review date, telling me I had got an extension until April 2024. All good, I could relax for a while longer.
I then received a lovely text in May 2023 telling me my review had begun and that the dreaded form was on its way. A full 11 months before the supposed new extended review date. This text took the shine off of a nice short break away, and due to my review extension, was totally unexpected.
So on my return home, I did a couple of the study modules on your B&W site; I've been a member for some years, and set to filling out the form.
I really emphasised the Repeatability, Timeliness and Safely aspects of my difficulties, as learnt from the modules.
Because I can't write or think for long periods of time I created a simple Word document to type up. This not only made it easy to change what I'd written but it meant I could keep going back to it. It must have taken 8-10 hours in all to complete it and I sent it off.
Once again, due to my brain fog, I forgot to send it Tracked and I got another delightful text telling me I still hadn't sent it in. Now though, I could just print off another copy of my answers but I had to print off a blank copy of their form, no longer having the original. The DWP still don't have their forms on the web in a format one can just fill in online, so it is literally an old fashioned 'cut & paste' job. I sent off the form again, but this time, very securely Recorded!
From this time onward I was absolutely dreading the assessment meeting or video. Every brown envelope that came through the door resulted in palpitations and stomach butterflies. I received a text to confirm receipt in June 2023, then one in September 2023 and again in December 2023 and yet another one in February 2024, to say my review was still pending. Then in March 2024 I received another extension; this time to April 2025.
I was then able to relax again a little but every time I remembered, I'd become anxious again.
After all this though, I got a wonderful surprise, contained not in the dreaded brown envelope but a nice white one, that I had been awarded an 'ongoing' PIP award which wouldn't be reviewed before May 2034. I also maintained my Enhanced rate for both components.
To say I was shocked is an understatement. I felt sure they would want to see me, particularly as my previous award had been via a Tribunal, and I was sure I'd have to give my Motability car back. I am just so delighted with the outcome.
I'm sure I couldn't have done it without the information and guidelines produced by Benefits & Work and I am so very grateful to you all.
Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Yumi, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293082 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Review
Congratulations on your success CJ.

@PIP @SUCCESS

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pusscatsmum, VIA

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293121 by Kelly
Replied by Kelly on topic PIP Review
So pleased for you

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293324 by #boo#tas#
Replied by #boo#tas# on topic PIP Review
Fantastic so pleased for you!

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293354 by boris1
Replied by boris1 on topic PIP Review
So pleased for you.
I wish I could get a longer award.
I have been through it every three years and I have done mr because my award got reduced.
I have long term health conditions and disability.
I had to take early ill health retirement.
I had to accept the fact of my illness and the awful impact it has on me.
I've never had a problem with esa, I am in the support group but its always pip
Its so hard getting it and having stupid repeat assessments.

More
2 months 5 days ago #293610 by Yumi
Replied by Yumi on topic PIP Review
Thank you so much for sharing your success story! So pleased for you!!!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid