× Members

UC review asking for statements

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293033 by Robyn
UC review asking for statements was created by Robyn
Hi iv seen a post about UC doing these checks to make sure they're paying you right. I was told during a call that I'd got 2 wks to send them 4 months statements and ID. I explained that I was on holiday in 2 wks for 2 wks so will my next payment (due in 3 wks) stop? She advised me that it won't but will try and get next stage (the dreaded call to ask questions on statements etc) done in next 2 wks before I go on hol. Which tbh so anxious I don't know if I'd rather get it done with our the way to avoid ruining my break, or worry during my hol and have to deal with it in 4 wks:( So I know they'll ask questions about transactions on statement which is fine and I have the occasional transfer of money to my parents but not anything more than £100 and maybe only 1 a month. Don't own property, isa's, bonds, shares,pension do have PayPal acc but only as its safer when paying on line. Do they ask about my general health? Do they ask if you're getting any other benefits or do they already know? The more info I know before call the better for my fragile mental health. Don't like talking f2f and not great on phone either. Thanx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293060 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC review asking for statements
Hi Robyn

DWP will want to see all bank/saving statements, they do have access to all your information and more 😎

All I say to claimants is to be open and honest, if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about.

During Covid, checks at that time were not as stringent, DWP are now doing catch up.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid