× Members

When will receive back payments for ESA?

More
3 months 1 day ago #292842 by BGM
Hi , can someone help. I have standard PIP -both care & mobility and am receiving Universal Credit. I applied for ESA with first sick note on 21st January 2024. I have received an ESA payment this month on the 6th , with the universal credit.
The letter from Universal Credit dated 18th April 2024 said I am to be moved to LCWRA and will get a separate letter about back pay.
Will I get back pay and when does this normally happen please?
Finally, DWP have informed me that I now owe them £4000 from Child tax credits overpayments from 6 years ago. Will they take all the back pay for this?
Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 17 hours ago #292866 by BIS
Hi BGM

You have been told you will receive a separate letter about back pay. How soon that will be, I don't know.

It is impossible to say whether you will actually receive any money. We certainly had a member recently who reported losing all their back pay because of an overpayment, but I can't say whether that happens each time.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: BGM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid