× Members

ESA

More
3 months 4 days ago #292761 by Marge
ESA was created by Marge
Hi, this may sound very stupid, so I apologise in advance.

I have just found out that I have been put in the LCWRA group (presuming this means support group). I haven't been at work since Dec 22nd 2023 (worked 20 hrs per week in retail on tills) so do I now inform work of this decision and also would I need to hand my notice in - sorry I'm just confused over this.
Thank you

Regards
Marge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 days ago #292780 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA
Hi Marge

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

There is no such thing as a stupid question 👩‍🎓

You are quite correct, LCWRA is the support group.

We would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration.

Are you off sick from work? Do you intend to return to work?

UC is different from ESA, you have to do 2 calculations, the first calculation is to work out your UC allowance

The second calculation is to work out your work allowance, high (£673)or low (£404) depending on your circumstances and then take into consideration Earnings taper of 55%.

This will be done automatically, HMRC informs UC what your income is and UC will do the calculations.

The calculations are quite straight forward, once you get your head round it.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 4 days ago #292783 by Marge
Replied by Marge on topic ESA
Hi Gary

Yes I've been off work since Dec 22nd 2023. I have Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Anxiety and Depression and other conditions. I had a total hip replacement in Feb this year and I am 63 yrs old. I do not wish to return to work as I'm stood on my feet 4 hrs a day on the tills not counting transport time to and from work. I was struggling to complete the 4 hour shift in Dec, I was in so much pain and constantly exhausted. Thank you for your reply

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid