× Members

Diagnosis confusion completing PIP Form

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291342 by DJT71
Hi I wonder if you can help. I am part way through completing my PIP application for Asthma COPD overlap. I was diagnosed in December 2023. Today I visited nurse for asthma/COPD review and was told that they are now putting my diagnosis as asthma as they have been advised by Respiratory Consultant that if COPD is on my record then this could stop me having steroid treatment, including steroid inhalers? My nurse advised that I definitely have asthma with a possibility of COPD or some other obstructive disease but needs to put asthma on my medical record for steroid purposes. I will be seeing respiratory team in July under investigation as they want to do a full lung function test to determine if I definitely asthma COPD overlap or just asthma. ….. this now leaves me with what I need to do about my PIP application…… I’ve already put Asthma/COPD overlap on the application form as this was my original diagnosis. My symptoms haven’t changed. I’m confused as to what to do on my PIP application.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291376 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Diagnosis confusion completing PIP Form
D

What do your medical records say? Do you have a formal diagnosis of COPD?

We can't advise what you should write but if your records or GP do not confirm COPD then you may be undermining what you write on your form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid