× Members

Moved to the Support group for BDD

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291228 by rocco1504
Moved to the Support group for BDD was created by rocco1504
Hi again everyone

I came on here a few weeks ago and was asking a question about an upcoming medical assessment by phone for my partner M, who suffers with Body Dysmorphic Disorder, BDD, Social anxiety and depression, and how we should deal with it.

I had some wonderful advice from a couple of people here that was extremely helpful, especially as we were both terrified and l and fully expecting the usual experience of having to go for a Mandatory reconsideration and then the whole Appeal nightmare with all it's hardships as past assessments have ended up as.

Anyway, M had her assessment and I was there with her and made sure that the answers she gave weren't taken as being less than the impact the reality has on her, she's not very good at explaining why she is like she is, I just filled in the gaps.

Anyway, M had the assessment and we waited for the inevitable brown envelope to land on the mat, heralding six to eight months of greif and hardship.

Anyway, I couldn't believe it when I came down this morning and M told me she's had a letter explaining that she has been moved from the Work related group to the Support group with an extra £43.00 pw.
To say I was gobsmacked would be a major understatement, it means now that she doesn't have to worry, at least for a while about it.

It was a great relief to me as well as I've just come out of hospital for my stage 3 Emphysema and a chest infection that I've had.

I just wanted to say a major thank you to you and the wonderful people you have on this site for all your help and support and to let others know that good things can happen and not to give up.

Many thanks again to everyone who helped
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gaddy, Sheila 966, Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291236 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Moved to the Support group for BDD
What great news rocco1504! Well done to you both and thank you for letting us know.
Catherine

Tab #RESULT #WCA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291380 by rocco1504
Replied by rocco1504 on topic Moved to the Support group for BDD
Thank you Catherine.
I believe that you were one of the people who gave me advice when I asked some questions a few weeks ago and your advice was excellent.
Many thanks again for your help

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid