× Members

GOLD/SILVER

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #290842 by dan123
GOLD/SILVER was created by dan123
Hi all,

So I currently receive PIP and UC LCWRA. I understand PIP is not means tested so my question is with regards to UC.

Q1) Can I buy Gold or silver or for that matter any precious metal or crypto or will it automatically be classed as deprivation of capital?

Q2) If I can buy it I understand that it would defo count as capital/assets and would want to report it but when would I report it? Would I only have to report it if my total assets went above 6k? Or, would I have to report how much my gold is worth every month to UC on the last day of each assessment period.

For clarity here I am not talking about buying jewellry. I am talking about bullion and I am not trying to do anything unlawful. I would happily declare everything. I just am not sure when and how I would have to declare it. Is it every month or just when I go over 6k or is it something different to that.

Many thanks,

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #290846 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic GOLD/SILVER
Hi Dan

Your question is outside the remit of the forum.

You need to speak to your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by Gary. Reason: double entry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid