× Members

Working Tax Credit Backdating

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #290816 by Kittykatz
Working Tax Credit Backdating was created by Kittykatz
I waited a year for my ADP to be transferred from PIP and renewed to ADP. I got it backdated from SSS for the whole year period from when I initially contacted DWP asking for a review. HMRC have only backdated me from 5 months after this when my transfer was complete with SSS. I send a message to HMRC querying this in November 2023. I phoned them 5 weeks later and the woman didn't understand and kept saying they had backdated my WTC, I tried explaining not for the whole year period. I checked over the next couple of months and the message still said processing. I logged in yesterday (29/04/24) and noticed the message I sent now has 'complete'. I have received no explanation either way from HMRC. I phoned them and was told they only backdate a month but I was given 6 months of backdating. I explained again and said I had to wait until my ADP was reviewed and told HMRC as soon as possible. He said I can do a mandatory reconsideration and I'd find details on their website. Do HMRC normally backdate for the full period? Have WTC went up with inflation? My current and last payment of WTC has not went up with inflation. I waited 'til my last WTC payment as I could take this transition to UC. HMRC told me WTC doesn't go up with inflation and then he told me I was already getting x amount over the year. I corrected him by saying this was due to my ADP award increasing and had nothing to do with inflation. I felt by the operators manner I was being judged for being in receipt of disability benefits and for enquiring about my WTC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #290840 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Working Tax Credit Backdating
Hi Kittykatz

Your question on WTC is outside the remit of the forum, we would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kittykatz

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #290882 by AshleyMcab
Replied by AshleyMcab on topic Working Tax Credit Backdating
Suggest you consider contacting your MP (not MSP) who can take this up with appropriate Govt officials and you may want consider

www.gov.uk/tax-credits-appeals-complaint...tax-credits-decision
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kittykatz

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid