× Members

Changes

More
5 months 19 hours ago #290715 by Hughie
Changes was created by Hughie
Hi Everyone
Like everyone else, I am horrified that this vicious Government seems intent on taking PIP awards away from thousands of claimants. Can I ask a few things on this? If this motley crew does indeed get the boot at the General Election, will the changes they want have been implemented by then? I ask because I understand they have to go through a consultation process first. It will obviously be a biased one, but will still take time. Also, does anyone know how this might affect claimants who have been given indefinite awards? I ask because after 2 initial time based awards, I was given an indefinite award in 2021. I am now approaching 68 years of age and I know the multiple conditions I suffer with are in no way going to improve at my age. However, I am becoming extremely stressed that this heartless lot in power will just have a huge scourge and they will go at anyone and everyone. I really hope this does not sound disrespectful to younger claimants, as I assure you it is not meant as such. Thank You - Hughie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 13 hours ago #290737 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Changes
Hi Hughie

BIS has answered a similar question which I thought was well set out; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...s/145669-pip-reforms

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hughie, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid