× Members

ESA and off sick from work

More
5 months 1 week ago #290346 by AnnieB
ESA and off sick from work was created by AnnieB
Please can you offer some advice?

I have just received my ESA award and have been put into the Support Group, with the award back dated to a couple of days after I attended the medical.

I am still employed but have been signed off sick since June 2023 due to a variety of reasons.

I submitted my last certificate into work 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing back, so can only assume they are building a case against me.

As I have been put into the Support group, should I resign my job or just continue to supply them with Medical certificates, my current one runs until 9th June ?

I was only awarded the lower daily allowance on PIP after Mandatory review so this has now gone to Tribunal with the support of Citizens Advice, should my ESA award be used as further evidence?

Apologies for the babble but this is all new to me and your site is amazing, I have already advised my brother to sign up as his PIP is due for review.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #290378 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA and off sick from work
Hi AnnieB

We can you not give you any advice as to whether or not you should resign, that is a decision you have to make, I would advise you to seek advice form citizen advice first or ACAS. Whilst you are making up your mind which way to go, keep supplying fit notes.

Don't worry about the babble, it is good to clear the air.

As for being placed in the support group of ESA, this means that your ESA claim will be indefinite, (until you are next re-assessed), the descriptors for ESA are different for PIP although a few questions do overlap. I always use ESA support decision as evidence when applying for PIP,it cannot do you any harm.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: AnnieB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid