× Members

Capita didnt call for PIP assessment

More
5 months 1 week ago #290214 by Hysteria
Capita didnt call for PIP assessment was created by Hysteria
So I drove an hour and a half this morning to support my son with his PIP application assessment with Capita.

His appointment was for 10:30

They still hadnt called by 11:15, so he did a quick google search and found a post by a lady who said this had happened to her and to ring and tell them.
So I called Capita to ask what was goingon, and where was the assessor, and he looked on the log and said, they have stated in the log that they called you three times, 10:30, 10:40 and 10:50, (very specific times!! ) I challenged this and told him we were both sitting looking at his phone for the entire time and it never rang once!

He said they would investigate the assessors call log to check and for me to ring back in a week!
I asked what would happen now and is this going to delay my sons claim even more?
He said he didn't know.

So I then tried calling DWP, sat waiting for an answer for 45 mins then got cut off. Have tried repeatedly to call DWP throughout the day, spending a total of 2.5 hours on hold listing to that aweful constant strumming music, and no one has answered. I've been cut of 6 times, rang various number and pressed different number options in the hope that someone will answer, but no joy.

I don't know what to do know, as I don't want them to claim he didn't answer the phone. He has crippling anxiety and this has been horrendous today!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #290220 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Capita didnt call for PIP assessment
Hi Hysteria

I'm sorry this happened to your son. Awful for both of you. I know it's dreadful, but you must keep trying to get through to the DWP and Capita.

It's completely unacceptable for Capital to tell you they will ring back in a week. Ring them and ask them what's happening. We know that some assessors do lie and say they have phoned people and they haven't. If need be - it won't be difficult for you to prove that there were no incoming calls to your son's number.

I would also try the DWP and report what has happened. Write down what you are told on that call and when the call is finished - write a letter to the DWP confirming the date and time of your call, what you told them and what their reply to you was. Keep a copy of that letter and just put it in the post to the DWP with a cover letter asking for it to be added to your son's records. Keep a record of any calls if you get through to Capita.

I hope that you get another date quickly.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Charlie, Hysteria

More
5 months 1 week ago #290235 by boris1
Replied by boris1 on topic Capita didnt call for PIP assessment
Personally I would enlist the support of my MP to contact them.
I have had to resort to this course of action in the past.
It took the stress away from me because they had to respond to my MP and it was a positive outcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo, Charlie, Hysteria

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid