× Members

Yet another extension with mobility with assessment time scales !!!

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #290161 by Alybongo65
I would appreciate some advice your option on my on going situation. Regarding my pip application .

My review was supposed to be last January 2023 , with the multiple delays my assessment via phone with my advocate. It was a very difficult two and a half hour interview. To say I was stressed to the high heaven is putting it politely.

So One being a complex PTSD Childhood trauma police case that’s gone on for approximately 3 years .I was told it couldn’t go further because not enough evidence, it’s historic and my only witness was my little sister who sadly passed who experienced the same abuse.

This has had devastating consequences leading me to a very dark place , worried he’s going to find & get me .

After 8 weeks
Had my new award off
High daily
Standard mobility

I then applied for a Manotory recognition for my pip mobility section. Told it Could be up to a 10 week wait .

I have previously had 12 points allocating my award towards a mobility car .

Because my award no longer counts towards my claim with mobility. I thought the car would be automatically taken away .

They’ve kindly extend the car 4 times since Oct 2023 . I am just about to call again to ask yet another extension till a decision is made on my award . I have to say the people I’ve dealt with have been extremely helpful putting my mind at ease. It’s out of their control as they’re unable to help with communication to DWP .

The extension is till May 10th .On Monday I received a text from DWP about my Manotory application, it possibly will be look at by 25th May .

My anxiety escalated hugely triggering my all ready extreme complex mental health issues. One main being my Complex PTSD

They are more than aware with the evidence I have given from medical experts victim support doctors therapist etc

Has anyone else having had going through this experience feel this is so unfair and actually causing unnecessary stress. Any other options to get them to sort this quicker or is it just a living on the edge waiting game ?

Any advice no matter how small would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #290179 by BIS
hi Alybongo65

I'm sorry that you're having such a traumatic time. Unfortunately, there is little you can do to speed up the DWP process You could try asking your local MP to intervene or one of the medical professionals involved in your care - but whether they can really make a difference in this case - I think it is unlikely - especially when they are talking about possibly dealing with it by the end of May. I accept for you that is a long time and adds to all the pain you have experienced - but it's a relatively short time in DWP terms..

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid