× Members

Pip review!

More
5 months 1 week ago #290169 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip review!
Filey

The WCA does not consider your ability to wash or bathe although you might be able to increase your chances for PIP if you scored for the Dexterity activity and the Standing and Sitting one.

You will need to make the connection yourself, you cannot rely on those assessing you to see it, as to your scoring because it was Covid, this was not a reason for a claimant to score.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #290186 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic Pip review!
Hi, thank you. On my universal credit report the Doctor did list that I have to be seated to wash, bathe etc and that I have to rest several times, so I don't know if this would help with my pip report . Also in regards to covid, when my Son had his pip review and face to face, he was awarded 0 points for the 2 activities, this was pre covid and I did a mandatory reconsideration for this. Immediately after this Covid happened and the dwp reversed all points to 4 points for the two activities. The same also happened with my pip review which was at the same time as my Sons. Then Dwp started looking at our reviews again that were extended due to covid. And my Son lost his points again without any face to face and the evidence used to reach this decision was the pre covid health assessors report . Now it is time for my review , post covid and I am thinking that Dwp will probably do the same with me as they did with my Son and not score me the points for bathing etc, hence my asking about my universal credit report . Thank you again and i hope I havnt confused you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
5 months 1 week ago #290218 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review!
Hi Filey

As long as there is nothing unhelpful on the universal credit report that the doctor wrote, then include a copy. However, as Gordon says you will have to make the link to it, because they won't. Don't just attach it to the form - because they will ignore it. So when you're talking about washing - describe any difficulties you have and include a couple of sentences, something like "I can only wash sitting down because of my (your symptoms). It takes me a long time to wash as I have to stop several times due to (your symptoms/condition). These difficulties were confirmed by Dr (X) in my UC report (date) - see attached report."

If you don't wash as often as someone without the condition would - say so. If you're left feeling exhausted, in pain etc - don't forget to say so.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Charlie

More
5 months 1 week ago #290401 by Filey
Hi, thank you very much for that Bis. Thats really helpful advise. On my last face to face pip assessment in 2019, at the end of the report it says ... based on the available evidence , I consider there to be no requirement to arrange a review of this claim as significant change is unlikely and shes ticked the box next to this. Could you tell me what this might be please? Also, in the box below it, she has wrote ..... Her current level of functional restriction is low and there is no reason on current evidence to believe it will change significantly. Therefore no review is advised. What might this mean? Thanks again.

More
5 months 1 week ago #290404 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip review!
Hi Filey,

To me that information is telling you that things should stay as they are - however being advised of a "no review" - doesn't always mean that you'll get one, however I remain hopeful with my fingers crossed for that to be the outcome for you.

Chris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Charlie

More
5 months 1 week ago #290416 by Filey
Sorry Chris, I don't know what you mean when you say it doesn't always mean you will get one. My mind is pip muddled! Lol . And thank you for the fingers crossed!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid