× Members

PIP Trickery? Assessment in person then week later , a phone call

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #290043 by SaltyPopcorn25
Hi all, I had a PIP assessment a week and a half ago, and a woman called me to "clarify" things. She asked me a few of the same questions "How many do migraines do I get" even though I had already stated in person I've had 10 day straight bedbound migraine attacks. She said do I have "therapy" for Migraines (I didn't even know I could). and She asked me "Would I go out more if I could" . It just seems as though she was trying to trip me up in taking points away . What are your thoughts and has anyone had this happen? I recorded both the assessment in person and the phone call Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #290099 by The Dog Mother
Hi,
I've suffered migraine with full aura, one side facial and arm numbness since I was 13,I'm 58 now and I have never been offered therapy, I get migraines approx four days per week either in a row or staggered over that week,or 9-13 days in a row with recovery break of a few days where I'm wiped out, then they can return. I have NEVER been offered therapy, which includes yoga, acupuncture, etc. Firstly it's not always available and secondly it's not always suitable. Drugs have always been given to me in various strengths ,hospital appointments to have special eye tests to see if anything else was going on etc but thats it. As for going out
More,if we didn't have the conditions that prevent us from leaving our homes regularly then who wouldn't go out more.
But you can't be in that frame of mind when you are unwell it's the last thing you are interested in. Esp like me when you have multiple conditions.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #290129 by BIS
Hi SaltyPopcorn25

Sometimes the DWP do ring claimants to clarify issues. I don't think you should assume that her aim was to take points away. They could do that without making a call!

Have you rang the DWP and asked for a copy of the PA4 (Assessment Report). You can do this and it should arrive in 7 - 10 days.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

More
5 months 1 week ago #290199 by SaltyPopcorn25
Hi thankyou for this. Which phone number shall I use? PIP phone line will not go through after 9 minutes, thank you

More
5 months 1 week ago #290223 by Catherine
Hi SaltyPopcorn25,
You ring the standard PIP helpline - 0800 121 4433. I have hardly ever had a problem with it hanging up, but you will be in for long wait. Get comfortable, put your feet up, have a cup of tea, etc. Generally the earlier in the day you ring the quicker they answer.
Wishing you a chilled time as you listen to the DWP playing you music
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 months 1 week ago #290227 by Charlie
I will say that yesterday I had the call cut off 4 times before even reaching the hold music, and had it do the same twice today (third time was 'lucky' and I got to actually hold!). I think they might be having some issues with calls cutting off at the moment - I've seen a flood of reports of that issue on a different help forum for DWP stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid