× Members

finally had the WCA

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #289746 by adam33
finally had the WCA was created by adam33
this was the 5th attempt I think, asked for recording, first phone apt cancelled due to sickness, followed by an in person also cancelled due to sickness, then another one when they couldn't ensure I'd be out by the time I needed to leave, another 2 phone calls when they didn't ring, finally got an in person today, with an actual doctor, who told me I'd done well at the end and almost seemed to helping me at times, so we'll see what happens, I thought she was nice, but then I thought the pip assesor in 2019 was nice and she did the dirty on me

I had a PIP phone assesment recently too, so that's out of the way

I mostly opted for hammering the important points home over and over, PIP lady asking all kinds of questions to catch me out like "but you do housework don't you?", um, no, and "but you cut up your food with a knife and fork"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #289754 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic finally had the WCA
a

You can request a copy of the PIP Assessment report now, but the WCA one cannot be asked for until a Decision has been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: adam33

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #289766 by adam33
Replied by adam33 on topic finally had the WCA
great, thanks for letting me know, that'll save some time, barring the length of time on hold I'll have to spend, if it's totally fictitious would it be better to mention that now or wait for the appeal in the hope that DWP will panic and make an offer to avoid a scene at the hearing?

I don't want to have another assessment really, this one was thorough and I recorded it

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #289768 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic finally had the WCA
Hi adam,

Me personally, I find it's always better to wait, then you can compare what they have written to what you actually have told them or informed them about. I got 0 points on my MR, went to the courts, and DWP did back down and made me an offer of what I believed was correct in my case, so it can happen, but not always, sometimes you have to go all the way.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #289775 by adam33
Replied by adam33 on topic finally had the WCA
thanks, just tried to get through a few times earlier, it seems to cut out at the "enter your phone number" stage, not sure why they bother with hthis when it's the number you're calling from, I might write to them

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #289809 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic finally had the WCA
The joys of technology unfortunately. That's the other option, although, how long it'll take for a reply, who knows?

Chris.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid