× Members

How many DLA Assessments?

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #289724 by orfoster
How many DLA Assessments? was created by orfoster
Hey!

Love this site!

I’ve submitted a DLA claim for my daughter, it was received by DWP on 27 Feb, I’m curious to know if all new DLA claims have assessments? What %? I’m not worried about it at all but I see for PIP there are statistics but not for DLA.

Also, she’s 8 so I assume it’s the parent that attends by phone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #289734 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic How many DLA Assessments?
Hi orfoster

Yes, all DLA claims have assessments—but the assessments may be paper-based, telephone, video or face-to-face. So it is possible that you may just get a decision from them, e.g., a paper-based assessment has been carried out. Or they could contact you for additional information and then complete a paper-based assessment, or they could request one of the other types of assessments. I haven't seen any figures anywhere on which assessment type is used.

If it's a phone assessment - yes, you will speak on behalf of your daughter, but depending on her disability, it is possible that an assessor may want to speak to your daughter on a limited basis.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid