× Members

Mobility award reduced, car to be taken , plus money overpayment to be paid

More
6 months 5 days ago #289440 by Alybongo65
Hi I am after some advice if possible.

I finally had my pip review after nearly a year wait . I have had High for both daily allowance and high mobility.

My mental health is very complex and I have difficulty going out anxiety panic attacks on fight flight in a split second .

I have had the car as my mobility payout. I’ve had 12 points for 4 years

Car was extended due to the time scale off the waiting for assessment.

They extended car till April 2024

When I did finally have the stressful 2 & a half hour recorded assessments with an advocate support worker .

I have today Monday 25th March .i had my paperwork, I have been told my mobility has been dropped to standard .

Also it’s saying I will receive a letter as I’ve been paid to much , Not sure exactly the date they’re wanting the money back dated from .so on a mega panic . As I am already on the bread line as I have a £600 mortgage, do not have the money to buy and insurance a car . So I was already finding it difficult to get out but my car was my safe place . I will no longer have the car from like now . So will be house bond than I am already .

This has sent me into a huge dilemma of how I am going to get this done . To not have the car taken away .. it’s my life line I can’t use public transport due to my severe mental health as I get triggered easily , have had huge panic attacks.

I get ESA I’m in support group and classed as severely mentally impaired.

I have no family close by .

I am dyslexic and find forms and legal issues very difficult to understand. So having to know do paperwork again to try and have the 12 points back .

My points are ~ Daily allowance points 15 , Mobility 10 points ( because I can walk 200 milres ) awarded till 2029

Any advice world be appreciated. Sorry about the grammar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 5 days ago #289460 by BIS
Hi Alybongo65

(Don't apologise for your grammar - there's nothing wrong with it)

I'm sorry to hear about the position you are in. You say that you've had your paperwork - was that decision letter?

If you're going to apply for your Mandatory Reconsideration, you need to get hold of the assessment report. It's called a PA4, and you can ring the DWP and ask for a copy. (it will take 7 - 10 days to arrive) This report will give you more information about why you have been downgraded to a standard mobility award. Do you know where you have lost the points - because that's what you will need to try and fight.

You have one month to get in your Mandatory Reconsideration from the date on the decision letter.

I can't advise you about the overpayment. I hope that your advocate support worker can help you when you receive the letter. If there has been a genuine overpayment, they will explain how it is to be paid back.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alybongo65

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid