× Members

Mixed age couple pension age payments

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #288906 by Grahammylo
Mixed age couple pension age payments was created by Grahammylo
Hi I reach pension age on 29th march I have applied for this as requested.my u/c joint account with my wife will end then and she will have to claim as single u/c.our u/c payments arrive on the8th of every month assed from 2nd .I receive LCWRA and my wife gets carerselement of u/c.my pension are paying me £87 from 29th to 2nd of April then nothing till the the 30th of April then monthly thereafter £520.do I get any payment in April or do we have to rely on my wifes u/c £368-carers element £185 and my LCWRA £390 mines my pension £520 monthly I’m at my wits end trying to find out what payments /reduction are going to change.getting no reply off my u/c journal any help would be much appreciated
Thank you graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #288922 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Mixed age couple pension age payments
Hi Grahammylo

Your question is outside the remit of the forum but I will try and answer as best I can from the details in your post.

Your joint claim does not end but your state pension will be taken into account £ for £. I do not believe there will be any difference in your income, what should happen is that your wife will get a UC allowance based on what you already receive less your state pension and any other pension you may receive.

I would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk they will be able to take all your circumstances into account to give you an accurate picture.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grahammylo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid