× Members

New leaflet - what you have to tell us

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #288784 by Hazel
Hi. I have just received a scary leaflet with a letter telling me new amount for ESA starting in April. I am confused. I am on Contributions based ESA (or I was and am wondering if this has been changed) and included with the letter was a leaflet saying what you need to tell us. Well what they are saying I need to tell them is absolutely everything about my life, and my partner's life! It wants to know if I inherit any money, if I have more than £6,000 of savings, if my or my partner's circumstances have changed (my partner is not on any benefits and is a pensioner). I don't understand why they are asking me to tell them all these "changes" if I am on contributions based ESA which isn't supposed to be means tested.

In two months time I will be of state pension age. And will be done with ESA. Do I have to tell them that or will they automatically just stop it when I start getting my state pension?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #288857 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic New leaflet - what you have to tell us
Hi Hazel

I have answered your query in your previous post; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...aflet?start=6#288845

Your ESA will stop one day before you reach state pension age, have you completed the online form for your state pension? You should get a letter 3 months before your state pension starts asking you to register, the letter will contain a unique reference number.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #288870 by Hazel
Replied by Hazel on topic New leaflet - what you have to tell us
Thanks Gary. Yes sorry about that. I thought the first post had not gone through so did it again - then saw the bit that said it needed to be approved by a moderator so had posted twice by mistake. Apologies. Yes I've completed the pension online thing and had a letter.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid