× Members

Following a journey

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #288557 by Patty
Following a journey was created by Patty
Hi
I have potentially have directional dyslexia . Im on the following and planning a journey section.
I can only go out by myself if it’s in the village I live or supermarkets I’ve been in many many many times.
I do not recognise roads in an unfamiliar place that we have driven along , even to the point of my husband taking me to a friends house , taking a different route, and parking the car at a different direction looking towards the house ,than all the other times he has taken me. I literally do not recognise it being the road she lives in.
I can’t go into hospitals as they feel like a maze to me, I have to have someone get me to the waiting room and then when i get taken to the room, I have to ask the nurse to get me back to the waiting room. It’s like I have no recollection of travelling to get there.
Would the assessor go on my say so, or would it be better for me to get a dyslexia assessment which I am happy to pay for, in order to provide the necessary evidence that required ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #288581 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Following a journey
Patty

I have to admit that I had not heard of directional dyslexia although I did recognise the symptoms when I looked it up, you should probably assume that those assessing you will not have any knowledge of the condition either.

I think this is one of those situations where a formal diagnosis would be very important for a successful claim.

From your post, you are assessing yourself as being unable to complete a journey to an unfamiliar place.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #288609 by Patty
Replied by Patty on topic Following a journey
Thankyou , I’ve booked for one this week . I felt I was going to need to give it some evidence as it’s only my say so currently other than family knowing I literally can’t find my way around anywhere !

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid