× Members

Moving in with my partner & I am on LCWRA/UC and PIP. What benefits will I lose?

More
7 months 1 week ago #288209 by Jillybean
I am thinking of moving in with my parter. I currently receive LCRWA/UC and PIP. I get council tax reductions and water rate discount.

My partner is on a low income and in receipt of working tax credits. But he has savings over £16k.

From what I am reading, I would lose the UC element of my benefits. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? Would this impact his benefit? He is currently getting a single persons council tax element which he will lose.

Thanks in advance. I have tried to research this but am not confident I am clear on it all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #288218 by Gordon
J

Yes, you would lose your UC, you would be treated as a couple and your joint income, savings and assets will be considered. Savings and assets over £16,000 will terminate your UC claim.

Your Council Tax and Water Rate reductions are means-tested and will likely end as well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid