× Members

Reporting a change for ESA - can this trigger a review?

More
7 months 1 week ago #288141 by annie3
Good morning,
I receive contribution-based ESA (Support Group) and highest rate PIP for care and mobility.

I'm 61 and have a private pension plan which was set up before I became ill. Payments were continued under a waiver of premium benefit. I haven't drawn on this pension yet but recently learned that I could use it to buy an annuity which would pay out around £46 pw. I understand that this amount would not affect the amount of ESA payable but that I must nevertheless report it to DWP.

My question: Could reporting the annuity to DWP trigger a review of my ESA? I have ME and Generalised Anxiety disorder, and also had a very bad bereavement recently. I can't face the possibility of a review at the moment. Deferring the annuity for a while would be an option.

Also, if my ESA was reviewed, might this also trigger a review of my PIP?

I think that my ESA was last reviewed in 2013. Latest PIP review was 2021-3.

Thank you very much for any comments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #288154 by BIS
Hi Annie3

Reporting a change of money you have coming in should not trigger a review. If your ESA was reviewed it would not automatically trigger a PIP review.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: annie3, KABTT , Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid