× Members

Advice please, all advice appreciated, thanks.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287421 by Mickyboy
My wife and I are both unable to work due to various disabilities. I turned 66 on 22.01.2024 and on that date ESA payments ceased as I was at pension age. The ESA payment was the maximum amount allowed for a couple and we received this since 2011. Now i get my pension and esa has stopped what does my wife claim. I have written to the dwp 2 weeks ago asking then the same thing but have received no reply. We cannot get an appointment with cab by phone, online, or in person due to them being too busy. Has anyone been through the same or similar situation, Any advice welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287432 by Chris
Hi Mickyboy,

Sure - I can advise you with this. There's a brilliant website which tells people what they're allowed to claim or not, based on their situation. I enclose the link below for you. The website is known as Turn2us, should you ever need their name for future reference.

benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid