× Members

PIP and budgeting; autistic opposite problem

• denby
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287419 by denby
I have just had a PA4 claiming I have no problems with budgeting. But I do and explained this fully in my form; I just panic over any big spend and try to avoid it even though I could afford it. So we have freecycle fridge and freezer, bed, mattress, bedside drawers, wardrobe, chairs, sofa, rugs, lamps etc etc...all acquired as necessary over years. Resulting [though I didn't say this in the assessment] in domestic disharmony because nothing matches, things are tatty etc. The assessor has scored me zero, is this fair? Is it worth contesting in my MR? Need another four points to reach enhanced. Thanks all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287428 by Chris
Hi denby,

I think it's another case of you having to decide if it's correct for you to try get the enhanced, unless you're happy on the standard. Me personally, I don't think you've got anything to lose by going down the MR route, if you can point at what places you feel you should've scored extra, and probably more important, following the guides on here to direct you to where you can score additional ones.
If you suffer with any issues such as chronic pain, arthritis, sciatica for example, you could mention that the quality of your used purchases means that you suffer from discomfort/pain etc, where as say a new Emma bed for example (pushing towards 4 figures), could massively help you with pain, but because of the situation you find yourself in with finances and not wanting to purchase large items, that it does interefere in a way.
There's probably better ways of wording it to suit your own needs, but I'm sure you get my drift in relation to your situation.

Hope this helps :)

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid