× Members

Support group and UC Migration

More
8 months 1 hour ago #287371 by Countrybumpkin
Support group and UC Migration was created by Countrybumpkin
I have recently been placed in the support group for new style ESA. Today i had to migrate from tax credits to UC, i have immediately been given a job centre appointment to look for work even though im still employed but on long term sick, and i thought if you were in the support group you would not be made to look for work?

Does ESA support group not automatically show as unable to work on UC?

Sorry if this isnt the place to ask, im just so upset and confused?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287379 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Support group and UC Migration
C

Unfortunately and even though they are going to transfer millions of claimants with ESA awards to UC, there is no electronic connection between the systems and therefore your SG award has to be moved manually.

It is quite likely that your Work Coach has no visibility of your ESA award, I would contact them and put a note on your UC journal about the award. It can take anything up to a couple of weeks for the UC system to be updated so if they persist with the appointment then try and push it out to allow for everything to be corrected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Countrybumpkin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid