× Members

DLA Awarded - Thank You

More
8 months 1 hour ago #287366 by D0kt0r_c
DLA Awarded - Thank You was created by D0kt0r_c
I posted here over a year ago regarding applying for DLA for our daughter without a diagnosis (anxiety, depression, suspected autism).

Circumstances changed and so I didn't apply for a while, we had pulled her out of school and started home educating her instead, and my focus had been solely on her education for a while. I finally got round to applying in September, and while I still didn't have a diagnosis, the messages of support I had got here and from a few other places gave me the confidence to go ahead and apply.

I got a supporting letter from a Mental Health Nurse she had seen for 8 weeks (they don't offer any more than 8 sessions per child), and asked her former headteacher to fill in a section of the form detailing the support that she received while she attended (we remain on good terms with the school and her sister still attends there).

I sent these along with the forms, and 5 additional pages of writing detailing why I had given the answers I had for each question, and a diary of the week leading up to the application. It's been about 18 weeks since applying, and haven't received written confirmation yet (I'm assuming I'll get the letter soon), but this morning I found the backpay pending on my bank account.

We are still about 2 years from the top of the waiting list for a diagnosis, so I wanted to say thank you for the guides that helped me fill out the forms, and thank you to everyone here that gave me the encouragement to apply anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287386 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DLA Awarded - Thank You
Hello D0kt0r_c,

Thank you for your lovely message and update in relation to your situation and backpay.

I, like many others appreciate where you're coming from in relation to the timescale for a diagnosis.
I myself, have been on a waiting list for a diagnosis from another department since February 2021, and I am still waiting!

Good luck with the diagnosis when you finally get your spot after such a lengthy wait.

Regards, Chris :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid