× Members

iidb national insurance benefit ?

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287337 by langton
iidb national insurance benefit ? was created by langton
Hi, I'm lead to believe that iidb is not a national insurance benefit, but I know it was in the 60s & 70s & 80s
My question is ,
What legislation cofirms this belief and if its not national insurance then what tax has responsibility for it ??

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287348 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic iidb national insurance benefit ?
Hi langton

The industrial injuries scheme provides no-fault tax-free benefits for an employee who has a personal injury caused by an accident at work or who contracts one of a list of diseases while working.

You are covered by the industrial injuries scheme if you are an 'employed earner', i.e. you are working for an employer. It does not matter if you do not earn enough to pay national insurance contributions, or if you are too old or too young to pay them.

In regards to your question about what legislation it comes under;

SSCBA, Ss.2(1) & 96 - 97; Social Security (Employed Earners' Employment for Industrial Injuries Purposes) Regs 1975, Sch 1, Part 1 & Sch 3

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 3 hours ago #287363 by langton
Replied by langton on topic iidb national insurance benefit ?
Thanks Gary, but the question still remains,
What taxation pays for it, and does the legislation state which fund this benefits monies it comes out of.
I say all this as my pension scheme deducts iidb wether you claim it or not, they take a notional amount.
But, they state its a national insurance benefit, and im saying its not ??
But I need the legislation to prove it ?
Thanks Gary

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287402 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic iidb national insurance benefit ?
Hi langton

I have absolutely no idea, the information I quoted above came from Disability Rights Handbook.

Your question is outside the remit of the forum.

I would advise you to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation, they may be ableto help you.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287409 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic iidb national insurance benefit ?
l

What exactly are you asking?

You have used the phrase "national insurance benefit" which we have taken to mean, is it a benefit that pays National Insurance Credits but your latest post suggests a different meaning.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid