× Members

Pip mobility, enhanced removed

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287334 by jonathan1234
Pip mobility, enhanced removed was created by jonathan1234
I've received pip mobility for 5 years I recently had a 2 hour face to face with a new assesor and a trainer,very unpleasant having to relive past abuses again,at the conclusion they upped my daily allowance to enhanced and moved me down in mobility component to standard, resulting in a letter to return the car,when I phoned for a mandatory reconsideration I was told because I don't go out 4 days out of 7 I'm not eligible, please advise on this ridiculous ruling thank you in advance, I will be appealing all the way

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287342 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip mobility, enhanced removed
j

The Going Out looks at two things, ignoring the planning of a route;

- whether the claimant can leave their house and if they can
- whether they can follow a route to a destination.

It is important to note that these tests are mutually exclusive of each other.

The activities are reviewed on the claimant's ability on the majority of days and only consider the mental health or sensory issues that would prevent them from completing it, physical issues such as being unable to walk are not considered in this Activity.

So, can you on the majority of days, leave your house, whether you need to or not, to follow a route to a familiar destination or would you be unable to leave the house in the first place?

If the former then you should score the points for an Enhanced award. If the latter then it is only a Standard award, unless you can also score for the Moving Around activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid