× Members

ESA and permitted work payments

More
8 months 2 days ago #287212 by ALI
ESA and permitted work payments was created by ALI
Please can anyone help with this as I cant even get a straight answer from ESA

I am in the support group contribution new style esa - I am self employed and can occasionally health permitting do some work (which I have informed them about) as I really want to try going back to work - I am an artist

The problem is my work is commission based and I get paid this at the end of my job - so even tho I would only be able to work a few hrs a day and probably only every few days (which wouldn't take me over the allowance re payment) - I would get a lump sum at the end.

for example

I may work 6-8 hrs a week earning - £120-£140 a week - the job may take me 6 weeks so I would then get £840

This would take me over the monthly allowance on esa but this is actually for 6 weeks work - how do I show this ? will they stop my esa because of this lump sum ?

I just don't get how I can do this - I fill out my income and expenses on my UC

any advice appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 day ago #287221 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and permitted work payments
A

You need to contact the DWP, it may be possible to have your earnings averaged so that you stay within the Permitted Work limits, if you don't then you risk your ESA claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid