× Members

PIP Daily Living

More
8 months 5 days ago #287140 by duckduckdo
PIP Daily Living was created by duckduckdo
I have been reading the info on B&W regarding the Supreme Court decision on Descriptors around Daily Living Activity, question 9b) Prompting and 9c) Social Support. Is it worth me contacting the DWP about my decision in April 2016 where I scored 11 points. I put on my PIP form that I needed prompting and also discussed in my home assessment that I needed physical support from my daughter, who was present at my assessment. The assessor made notes that I needed prompting and looked to my daughter for assistance during the assessment. Tearful at times, some difficulty coping at interview and again needed prompting and lacked concentration. The claimant has a mental intellectual or cognitive impairment and marked the additional support to comply with future claim processes. Surprise surprise, I scored 0 points as she said I engaged with the assessor. Are the DWP only looking at claimants who would have scored 9c) Social Support who scored 0 or 2 points for prompting, or for people who scored 0 but should have scored 2 points for Prompting ? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 4 days ago #287145 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Daily Living
d

I am afraid the DWP are only reviewing claims where two points were scored for the Mixing with Others activity, as you did not score any yours will not be looked at again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid