× Members

Does the PIP decision reflect the report.

More
8 months 6 days ago #287062 by feelion
Hi,
I had my assessment last week. I got a text same day to say it had gone to the DWP so thought I'd risk it and rang straight away to request report. I received it two days later.
I was wondering if the awards always follow assessors recommendation? I have heard reviews are taking longer to decide on as they are focussing on new awards. Obviously I won't know fully until a decision is made, but I was relieved to see they recommended keeping me on my current award which is a relief and hoping the DWP approves this but my anxiety is still through the roof.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 6 days ago #287074 by Gary
Hi feelion

Usually the decision maker follows the opinion of the assessor in their report but not always, they can go either way. I recently had a case where the assessor had scored zero points throughout the report only for the decision maker to award standard to both components.

We do recommend claimants to get a copy of their report before a decision has been made, if it is adverse, then they may be able to offer additional information for the claim to be successful.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 6 days ago #287092 by ALI
they haven't included/considered some evidence on my report - can I ring up and ask them to ensure they consider this (as this is very relevant to what they have marked me down on) before the decision has been made

More
8 months 5 days ago #287104 by BIS
Hi Ali

I have answered this question in your other post.

benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-esa-...red-on-report#287103

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid