× Members

Private consultations and PIP

More
8 months 6 days ago #287057 by Orangeblossom
Private consultations and PIP was created by Orangeblossom
I have a PIP review due this spring and I'm in the situation of not really having follow up despite diagnoses and there's not much can be done about my problems.

I had a previous review which was a bit of a nightmare due to this and them saying there was 'no evidence' etc and not looking at the original information with the claim. So I'm hoping to avoid that again. (I did get it back but only before it was going to go to appeal and they suddenly changed their mind, but it was stressful)

Anyway with the NHS waiting lists the way they are I now have health insurance and noticed one of the consultants I saw previously also does private consultations locally as well. I do have some symptoms and might be worth a review anyway so thinking of using this, would it matter to PIP if paperwork was from a private consultation or the NHS? It is the same consultant anyway. I also thought it might mean could actually see the consultant as well, rather than a stand in or registrar which could be useful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 6 days ago #287079 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Private consultations and PIP
Hi Orangeblossom

I fully understand your frustration, we hear this quite often on the forum.

It does not matter where you get the supporting documents from, NHS or private, you can always mention that you had to go private due to the long waiting times with the NHS. Unfortunately it is the sign of the times.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid