× Members

PIP award due to end soon

More
8 months 1 week ago #287055 by slugsta
PIP award due to end soon was created by slugsta
My PIP award is due to end on 21st Feb this year. Reassessment started in April 23 and I have heard absolutely nothing since returning the forms. My blue badge is also due to expire on the same date.

I know that reassessments are taking ages and have heard that DWP are extending awards for a further year if no decision has been made - but surely I should heave heard something by now?

I am reluctant to hold on the phone for hours only to be told that there is nothing they can tell me . . .

Does anyone have suggestions as to my next move please, or should I continue to be (im)patient?

Thanks in advance.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 6 days ago #287080 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP award due to end soon
Hi Slugsta

If you phone first thing in the morning about 10 to 9 you will not have to wait long, you may get a message informing the lines are not yet open, in which case end the call and try again.

To put your mind at ease you do need to speak to an operator.

I often do this when I try and get a repeat prescription, it tells me that all the lines are busy so I end the call and redial until I get on the waiting list.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
8 months 6 days ago #287101 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP award due to end soon
I managed to get through to DWP this morning and was told that a letter was generated 'yesterday' saying that the reassessment has not been completed so my award has been extended for 12 months. Once the letter has arrived I will start my blue badge renewal and hope this doesn't take long.

More
8 months 5 days ago #287112 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP award due to end soon
Good luck Slugsta :)

Chris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid