× Members

Should I tell PIP I’m on holiday

More
8 months 1 week ago #287028 by Kevsue19
Should I tell PIP I’m on holiday was created by Kevsue19
Hi, I managed to send my review form off at the beginning of this month - I used your guides and sent as much evidence as I could find. My award doesn’t end until April 2025, it was extended from September 2024 due to covid backlogs so I wasn’t overly surprised when the envelope arrived. I keep seeing that reviews are taking several months, but I am worried as I am being taken on my “holiday of a lifetime” for my 60th birthday in March, and as we are away for 2 weeks, I am worried I might miss an advice of an assessment date. I also won’t be using my phone, and no one will check our post. Should I phone them before we go and tell them I will be incommunicado for those 2 weeks? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #287030 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Should I tell PIP I’m on holiday
Hi Evelyn

That is an interesting question, not an answer I can give you, if you have not been contact by DWP before you go on holiday, what is the worse that can happen? You have to be given 7 days notice before an assessment takes place although we have heard on the forum some members being contacted out of the blue, but this is not the norm.

Enjoy your holiday of a lifetime.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 6 days ago #287083 by ellen1st
Replied by ellen1st on topic Should I tell PIP I’m on holiday
Hi Evelyn, I had the same situation on my 60th. You are aloud a holiday so I would phone DWP and tell them, so then you will have no worries and can enjoy your holiday.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid