× Members

PIP application little evidence

More
8 months 1 week ago #286966 by Irene141
PIP application little evidence was created by Irene141
Hi

I have had problems for over 30 years with my mental health i have always managed to work throughout because I need the money.
I have just had 2 months off again! With stress anxiety and depression, I have my last counseling session this Thursday.
When I phoned the doctor last week and eventually told him about the physical pain I'min, brain fog, can't concentrate, can't use my hands some days. GP said 'you have fibromyalgia, the only thing he can do is up the medication that I'm taking for the stress/anxiety.
My question is, can I make a claim for PIP if I don't have much evidence, I can only go on how the condition makes me feel and how it affects me and my well being.
I just don't know if its worth trying, I have applied to reduce my days at work, because I just can't cope anymore..

thank you for listening

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286973 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP application little evidence
Hi Irene141

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

To answer your question try B&W's PIP self-test
PIP self test takes about 5 mins.

To help with your claim complete a day diary for a week about how your condition affects you, also look at our latest guide; our guide to PIP goes through each question highlighting important issues that you need to consider in your answers and giving some sample answers; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid